Sunday, January 24, 2010

Baionarena!

I will admit that I have never seen Manu Chao perform live in concert. Until I'm lucky enough to do so, I'll have to settle for Baionarena. And that's fine with me.

This live CD/DVD combo is incredible! Released at the end of December '09, it didn't make its way onto my iPod until this past winter season. How did so much time pass before I found this?!?

Regardless of how long it took me to find this Holy Grail of live Manu Chao, I've already played it enough to make up for lost time. The album was recorded at a sold-out arena in Bayonne, France, and it perfectly captures and the fun-loving, crowd-pleasing, language-mixing style of Manu.

If you're still unaffected by this Manu Chao nonsense that I'm always writing about, check out these clips from the DVD. The man is an entertainer unbound by nationalities and ethnicities.



Paz y Amor,
DJ Gringuito

No comments:

Post a Comment