Monday, May 24, 2010

Maluca, Presente!


Maybe springtime is to blame for my recent focus on the opposite sex. Maybe I'm connecting with my inner hermosa. Either way, the trend continues with Maluca!

Coming out of the Dominican Republic by way of NYC, Maluca's self-described "tropical, house, ghettotech" sound is attracting plenty of attention.

Check out this brief interview with the up-and-coming artists whose music is "a hodgepodge of everything that [she loves] about New York."


Maluca's music isn't all Spanish-language, so all listeners can enjoy her fresh new sound. Tracks like the hyper-meregnue "El Tigeraso" already have me convinced that I'll be picking up her mixed tape. Until then, I guess I'll have to settle for following her on Twitter while she tours Europe.

Hasta pronto,
DJ Gringuito

No comments:

Post a Comment